The semantics of “liberty.” People from left to right, and out in politically perpendicular directions all use the word passionately, but with different apparent emphases, maybe even entirely different meanings.
Hosted by the Federalist Society, University of Hawaii at Manoa William S. Richardson School of Law.
- Institute for Justice attorney Clark Neily
- State Senator Sam Slom (R-8th Dist)
- Roger W. Fonseca, attorney and ACLU of Hawaii board member
- Professor Carole Petersen, Professor & Director of the Spark M. Matsunaga Institute for Peace and Conflict Resolution
- Moderated by Aviam Soifer, Dean of the William S. Richardson School of Law
The panel will be from 11:45 am – 1:15 pm on Monday, Nov. 7.